The LLBG Solidarity Fund is managed by the King Baudouin Foundation, which carries out research into the aid organizations we wish to support and transfers the financial aid to these organizations. LLBG has transferred an initial sum of €100,000 into the fund, which will be gifted to aid organizations in Belgium and abroad.
The LLBG Solidarity Fund is up and running, and has provided financial support to several humanitarian organizations helping the victims of the disaster in Ukraine:
- The organization of summer camps for Ukrainian refugees in Belgium through the non-profit organization Habbekrats.
- Food and clothing distribution to Ukrainian refugees through the non-profit organization In Tacte
- Humanitarian aid, including food and other forms of support, to Ukrainian refugees in Poland through the Polish Humanitarian Action.
- Support to Hospitallers, a volunteer organization of paramedics in Ukraine providing first aid, home medical care, and evacuation of wounded Ukrainian soldiers.
- Refugee assistance in Hungary and at the Ukrainian-Hungarian border, with a focus on helping Ukrainian children through the Maltese Charity Service.
With financial support of the LLBG Solidarity Fund, LLBG Czech Republic set up a kindergarden for Ukrainian refugees. 15 children are currently attending the kindergarden, including 7 Ukrainian children of LLBG employees and 8 Ukrainian children from refugees living in the area.
The children are offered quality education, while also learning the Czech language and adapting to a different cultural environment. The aim of the project is to normalize their stay in the Czech Republic as fast as possible, enabling the Ukrainian children to start regular kindergarden or school in the Czech Republic once they are ready to do so. The children are supported by Czech and Ukrainian teachers and psychologists.
Besides hard work, there is also a focus on fun and playing outdoor: with summer coming up, the children have a lot of day trips and activities planned – including roasting sausages over an open fire, a traditional summer activity in the Czech Republic!